46 Leatherwork Projects Anyone Can Do by Geert Schuiling
Learn to make attractive leather articles with a professional look by mastering a handful of basic techniques. Using the many kinds of available leather, some leatherwork tools, and the designs in this book, you can produce beautiful and functional handcrafted accessories, gifts, and items for your home.
The 46 original projects, both timeless and practical, are lavishly illustrated with over 500 step-by-step photos and styled shots of completed articles, with detailed instructions to ensure that you cannot go wrong. Includes:
- Selection of materials and tools
- Key techniques such as dyeing, cutting, punching, beveling
- Stitches used for the projects
- Inserting zippers
- How to finish pockets and straps
- More than 50 templates for projects, with variations
- Projects ranging from earrings, simple bracelets, wallets, and desk accessories to a wood carrier, an overnight bag, and a backpack
Beginners can start small with a simple key fob, then build up to belts, a wallet, and bags, while experienced leatherworkers will find inspiration in the contemporary and stylish designs.
Globe Pequot Press / Stackpole Books
Pages: 160 • Trim: 8 1/2 x 10 1/2
978-0-8117-1996-4 • Paperback • September 2017