Intro to Leather Sewing Workshop
Introduction to Leather Sewing
Learn to sew a leather tote bag using your domestic sewing machine!
Instructor: Nelusha McDonald
Duration: Saturday June 3rd & 10th, 10:00am-3:00pm
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate - students must have experience on sewing machine.
Cost of Class: $120 Retail/ $100 Club Price
Course Code: 18-100202
Students will learn the basics of leather bag construction, leather selection, and pattern making, as well as how to install hardware, pockets & straps.
Course Fee Includes:
- Craft paper, hardware (D-rings, rivets, swivel clips), rubber cement, tools provided for use in class.
Students Must Bring:
- Domestic sewing machine
- Walking foot compatible with your machine (Kenmore option available at Sears for approx. $20)
- Binder clips
- Sharp scissors (that you don't mind becoming dull)
Required Supplies - Approximate cost $100 Club/$130 Retail** - Available for purchase in store
- Domestic leather needles size 16 or 18
- CBB69 thread
- Metal ruler
- Measuring tape
- Leather (leather colours will vary depending on availability)
- OLFA Knife (suggested but not essential)
- Awl (suggested but not essential)
** Cost will vary depending on which tools you may already have, and the type of leather
I am an indie handbag designer. While I am formally trained in couture construction, my adventures in design are all about playing outside the rules. Every day I discover that with every new skill we have the courage to explore and develop, we grow to heights we couldn’t imagine we are capable of. Leather working is a perfect example of such a gift – one which I am so happy to share!
Check her out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kitschychiccouture/