Intro to Leather Sewing Workshop
Instructor: Nelusha McDonald
Duration: 1 day, 10AM-3PM
Skill Level: Intermediate - students must know how to operate their sewing machine and bring in their own domestic machine + walking foot
Cost of Class: $50, plus supplies
Course Code: 18-100202
Students will learn the basics of leather bag construction, leather selection, and pattern making, as well as how to install hardware, pockets & straps.
Course fee includes:
- rubber cement, and tools provided for use in class.
Students must bring:
- Domestic sewing machine with walking foot
- Walking foot compatible with your machine
- Binder clips
- Sharp scissors
Required supplies - approximate cost $120 - available for purchase in store
- Domestic leather needles size 16
- Leather sewing machine thread
- Metal ruler or Olfa ruler
- Tote bag kit – includes pre-cut leather(non-refundable), rivets and strap keepers
I am an indie handbag designer. While I am formally trained in couture construction, my adventures in design are all about playing outside the rules. Every day I discover that with every new skill we have the courage to explore and develop, we grow to heights we couldn’t imagine we are capable of. Leather working is a perfect example of such a gift – one which I am so happy to share!
Check her out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kitschychiccouture/